Running a business is not easy. Some days I feel like I'm barely progressing. But what I had to understand in order to overcome those feelings is that it's the journey that makes everything worth while not the destination. It all starts with me and my attitude towards my Self and my business. When you strengthen your mind with knowledge of Self, it will reflect in your business habits as you continue to grow mentally and spiritually.
1. Have patience. Time is on your side. Once you plant the seed and nurture it daily, a flower will bloom. But in due time. You cannot rush the process. Don't dwell on the past or the future, we only have the present moment! What can you do TODAY to change your current situation?
2. Balance your work. It doesn’t serve you to be busy all of the time yet unproductive + stressed. Make time for Self care. Strategize your next move so that it aligns with your ultimate goals. Business doesn’t have to mean burnt out.
3. Your daily habits matter. The more conscious you are about your every day decisions the better. Study the habits of other successful people.
4. Value is everything. As a business you are delivering value to others in exchange for money. Increase your profits by increasing your value. Increase your value by learning and perfecting your craft or skill set. Get better daily.
5. Save money. I use the app Acorns to make weekly deposits into my savings account. It’s good to have a safety net in case of slow business or an emergency.
6. Get out of your comfort zone. In business you have to be able to adapt to changes in the market and technology. Gain new perspectives. Try new methods of learning. Make mistakes and keep growing!
7. You are accountable for the results in your life as well as your business. Nothing moves unless you do. Focus on what you can control.
8. Invest in yourself. Know that you are deserving of the life you dream about!
9. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Don't be afraid to fail. You will succeed only if you are able and willing to fail.
10. Your thoughts along with action can change your world and how YOU LIVE IN IT.